My Blog List

Friday, August 24, 2018

Murder in Keswick Sherlock Holmes by William Todd




A typical Watson and Holmes story, not very long succinctly told, very much to the point in terms of detective work and deduction.

Both Watson and Holmes have decided to go to Keswick for a long awaited holiday. Holmes has been reluctantly dragged there for the good of his health but Holmes is looking forward to invigorating walks, boating and reading. It was not meant to be!

On arrival at the station, the townsfolk are in uproar - a decapitated body of a well known local gentleman has been found. Both detectives go directly to the constabulary and from there the story commences.

The story keeps apace with suspects and plots and following up on leads. The end was definitely not one I had in mind neither were the villains! Just like the way a good detective murder mystery should be.

Old fashioned but very pleasant reading.

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of BooksGoSocial.

1 comment:

  1. I love Sherlock Holmes books! I haven't read this one so I may decide to read it.

    ReplyDelete