My Blog List

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Escape the Night - Richard North Patterson








Peter was born into a very rich, privileged family. His father however had no time for him and was devoted to his business - a publishing house. His father thought it was his duty to set this business up for his son to take over but he did not realize that he was becoming an elusive figure to his son. Any hopes Peter had of knowing his father ended with a tragic car accident where his father died.


Going forward Peter is now a successful businessman himself. However he has isolated himself from all relationships and is haunted by nightmares of his father's death but there is no coherent story or ending to the nightmare. Peter knows and understands that there is a key to unraveling the reason for his nightmares but he does not know that opening this can of worms is going to lead to threats of his own elimination and murder.


Very complicated plot and I found myself foundering in certain places as it was rather convoluted. Everyone connected to Peter had secrets of their own including the girl with whom he has at last trusted and loved.  Betrayal by a family member is very difficult to come to terms with but this is what Peter has to face.


Suspense, terror, betrayal and murder are all part of this story. I did not care very much for this Patterson book though his other books have interested me a lot.


The book was sent to me by Netgalley courtesy of  Open Road Integrated Media.

1 comment:

  1. My brother-in-law is a fan of this author's books. I wonder what he would think of this one. I am sorry it wasn't better for you. Maybe I will check out one of his other books.

    ReplyDelete