My Blog List

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Never Let You Go by Chevy Stevens




I was looking forward to this book for quite some time so when I got it I was quite excited.

Like all her stories, they are never the straight forward thriller mystery murders or psychological thrillers of other authors (though they are very good as well). Hers always has a twist in the tale but this time around this was a little tame in comparison to her previous stories.

Lindsey and Andrew start life as newly weds, madly in love and expecting life to be good. Fast forward and we discover Andrew is abusive Lindsey is dead scared, and though she knows she should get out of the marriage she does know that Andrew will pursue her and eventually kill her. A freak accident which puts Andrew in jail gives her the opening she needs and she flees the known into the unknown and makes a new life for herself.

With Andrew's release from prison her safe haven is gone and she knows its only a matter of time before Andrew finds her and shakes up the peaceful life and future she has planned for. What she did not account for was her teenage daughter Sophie to be having contacts with the father whom she has only faint remembrances of and who brings Andrew very much to the scene.

The ending is not the one we want, neither was it expected though there are hints that you have to look elsewhere for the "baddie",

Very well told keeping you on edge throughout.

Sent to me by Netgalley or an unbiased review courtesy of St Martin's Press.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a compelling book - and one that would make me feel anxious while reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a lot of people who love her work but I haven't read any of it yet. I need to try one of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by Stevens, but she's on my list of authors I want to try. This sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete