My Blog List

Monday, December 12, 2011

Mailbox Monday / It's Monday What are you reading?


Mailbox Monday is being hosted by Let Them Read Books This week no new books came into my house which will help me read those which are around.

Am combining Mailbox Monday with It's Monday what are you Reading hosted by Book Journey..
I have not been able to finish both books which I started reading which is strange for me. Middlemarch is one which is slow going but one I am determined to finish. The second book which I am 30 pages in is Portrait of a Lady. I am finding the latter more interesting than the former - despite rave reviews on Middlemarch it is slow going for me.

Have finished quite a few books and reviews are due. One of them is the wonderful The House of the Wind and the other is an Angela Thirkell book.

I am leaving for Melbourne once again visiting the children for Christmas. Looking forward to lots of new books at the Carnegie library.

13 comments:

  1. I hope you are able to finish up some books you've started. Happy reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip back to Melbourne and happy reading (slow or fast).

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH I am looking forward to seeing what you pick from the library!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're able to finish off your books. I've always wanted to read Middlemarch but not so much if it's slow going. I hope you have a wonderful visit for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great week! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I take ages reading classics. I hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your Christmas family trip, that will be lovely. look forward to the books you come back with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a safe and great trip!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/mailbox-monday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great trip to Melborne. Maybe you'll be able to get some extra reading done on the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have yet to read Middlemarch as I am not sure it would be for me. I will look forward to your thoughts when you have finished as to whether it was worth the effort.

    Have a great trip visiting your children!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, Middlemarch is a door stopper! I bought it at a library book sale a couple of years ago but haven't gotten up the courage to even pick it up and look at it! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you have a great time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Quiet weeks are good from time to time. I hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete