My Blog List

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Short Review - STOLEN by Tess Gerritsen


I wanted a bit of a light hearted easy read after the rather heavy books I had read and this fitted the bill perfectly.

She was a cat burglar and he was an English gentleman to his fingertips. A most unlikely romance ever but stranger things have happened. Both of them meet under the most unlikely circumstances - he is also a thief searching for some indiscreet letters written by a friend to a man who is now trying to blackmail her and she is looking for an antique dagger that would prove a point and indict a man for murder. Add to this an international arms dealer, a bit of drugs on the side, murder of an entire crew, stowaways, a family of burglars and and a family of English aristocrats and what more could one ask for.

An interesting story, very quick paced and nicely put together. It was a very easy read for me
for today whilst I sat and waited between appointments!

5 comments:

  1. I need to try another Gerritsen book - the first one I read was pretty good. Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A burgler and an aristocrat, I like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read a couple of this author's books and enjoyed them. i like the sound of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read a book by Tess Gerritsen in a long while, this one is now on my wishing to read list so thanks for the heads up Mystica!
    I love quick easy reads that are fast paced with characters who on the outside appear in no way a match but yet have a "connection"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still Missing is on my wishlist. I want to see The Marble Faun made into a film. Come see why. Happy Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete