Google+ Followers

My Blog List

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Mailbox Monday - 14th February 2011





I had a mid week Mailbox Monday (I couldn't wait) so there are quite a few books pending from that lot but I do have another lot of books which I picked up from another second hand store.

I picked up a few hardcovers( the first four shown below) which are also quite old. I just liked the sound of the titles - I have not read any reviews of these books before so am not sure how they are going to turn out!

Dinner at Antoine's - Frances Parkinson Keyes



In my path - Halliday Sutherland

Shannon's Way by A J Cronin

The Small Woman by Alan Burgess

The next four are smaller books - after the Swan Thieves I got tired of huge tomes!
Margaret Drabble (my second book from this author) The Garrick Year

Good Wives - Louisa May Alcott
A room with a view - E.M. Forster

George du Maurier - Trilby
That is my Mailbox. Would really appreciate your views on this lot of books.

18 comments:

Mary said...

I liked the movie version of A Room With a View. Enjoy all your new books!

Sam said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm now following yours :)

That looks like a good haul of books. Hope you enjoy them!

Kaye said...

I agree with Mary - A Room with a view was wonderfully done. Enjoy all your new reads - you got a nice collection. Happy Valentines day tomorrow!

Dorothy W. said...

I really loved Room with a View -- Forster is great!

Blodeuedd said...

I have read something by Drabble and that was really good.

Enjoy your books

Aisle B said...

I still sigh with loving memories for EM Forster's A Room with a View.
I sigh more when I think of the Merchant Ivory movie with Helena Bonham Carter & Julian Sands. Well made ... way way back in the early 80's I think. Really well done.

Nice collection of books and sighing at Room with a View.

Here's mine at Aisle B
http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/3266037025/in-my-mailbox-mailbox-monday

Arleigh said...

I have one by Frances Parkinson Keyes called I, the King. I think it's about a Spanish king. I haven't read it yet.

Aths said...

You got some great books! I'm going to check them out - I haven't heard of a few of them!

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I read The Garrick Year a long time ago...loved it, though.

I read something by A. J. Cronin, but not this one...

These are all making me nostalgic! Hope you enjoy them.

Here's my MONDAY MEMES POST

Lady Q said...

Dinner at Antoine's looks so cool! Love the cover! Here's my Mailbox. Happy reading :)

Crystal (I totally paused!) said...

I can't recall if I've heard of that Louisa May Alcott book before, but I am jealous either way! I love her books :)

Leslie said...

Nice group of books this week. I haven't read any of them though.

Laura Fabiani said...

It's fun to shop for older titles. I have A Room With a View on my TBR list. Enjoy all your books.

bermudaonion said...

Enjoy your new books! Good Wives intrigues me!

carolsnotebook said...

What a great list. Enjoy!

Serena said...

I don't really remember "A room with a view" but I do remember enjoying it when I read it more than 12 years ago. Enjoy your books.

avisannschild said...

I haven't read any of your books, but I hope you enjoy them!

Anna said...

Looks like a great selection of classics. I haven't read them, so I'm looking forward to your thoughts.