My Blog List

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Book Loot! Mailbox Monday days in advance!



I could not wait to do my next Mailbox Monday because this collection of books from my second hand shop were so good. I am annoyed because the entire post got deleted almost at the end of the editing and now I have to start over. Mixed up with the books which are well known are some unknown books (to me). I have started reading mid Victorian and WWI and WWII period books and hopefully these will be good too.

Considered the New York Times No. 1 best seller - I thought this pick of three complete stories was a good find.

Having read Tess Gerritsen before I picked this one up. This one sounds scary as well.


I have read Kostova before with The Historian - this is a book which I had been trying to get for ages. I sometimes despair that I will ever get all what I want to read but I should have more faith as generally they all eventually turn up somehow!


The Lacuna and Poisonwood Bible have been on my TBR for ages! One down, one more to go!!!

I was looking for books for my South Asian challenge and this turned up. I expected more but this was it.

Always with rave reviews all over the blogs, this I had to pick up. A rather small book!

A new author for me. Looking forward to this one. Also a small book of short stories.

I have been wanting to go back to some of the classics. This was a good choice I feel.


The last two are the really old books! A Perfect Woman by L P Hartley published in 1956
and the other is Jumping Jupiter by Ernestine Gilbreth Carey published in 1953.

The last two books - totally unknown are the ones I am hoping would be good. If anyone has
read or heard anything of them please let me know.

5 comments:

  1. What a great assortment! I read Half in Love awhile back. It was pretty good, but I liked Meloy's novels more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great loot :D Oh happy loot day, that must have been fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow so many great books! i've only read one book by gerritsen but i really enjoyed it. i hope you'll enjoy all of these books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As toothybooks said, wow, that's a lot of books! I have The Swan Thieves, but I haven't read it yet. I have read The Lacuna, though, and it's a great read, although The Poisonwood Bible is even better in my opinion (it's my favourite of her books). Enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...big week in books for you. I do want to read The Lacuna soon. Hope you love ALL of these new books.

    ReplyDelete