My Blog List

Saturday, December 8, 2018

The Duke's Agent by Rebecca Jenkins



I needed a change of pace from the thrillers and murder mysteries that I had heaped on my Kindle. Then I ended with this.

Set in 1811 in the town of Woolbridge Jarrett is looking for some peace and quiet and to act as the Agent for the Duke of Penrith. He has returned from a turbulent period of service and expects the countryside to be peaceful and kind to him. Anything but. Uncovering a network of crimes and being made to be the scapegoat for a murder on a property nearby, kept in jail by the local Magistrate is not what was expected in this very countryside area.

One death follows another and this time around the people want blood. It is upto him to clear his name and also sort out the mess that is apparent alive and kicking in this sleepy town.

A Regency era mystery this was not lacking in gore and violence! A very nice change from modern mystery murders though.

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of Sapere Books.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about wanting a change of pace. Glad this worked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like a good regency romance. Cheers from Caroles' chatter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I have read a Regency-era novel and this sounds like one I'd like. The period and the setting are an attraction.

    ReplyDelete