My Blog List

Monday, December 10, 2018

Stuck in Manistique by Dennis Cuesta



The town's name alone is entrancing. Mark has been left a house by his aunt  in her will. She is someone whom he hardly knew, but now he wished he had taken the time to know her better. She did not seem to want to keep in touch and was always serving in remote areas of the world as a doctor.
Coming to her house and slowly unravelling the secrets of her life is more than what he bargained for.

Mark did not even know that she ran a bed and breakfast and having to face upto unexpected guests as well as the rituals involved in the Indian culture following a death was a little hard for him to follow. Getting more and more involved in the personal lives and calamities of the guests was something he never envisaged and he does not know how to get out of it and go back to the peaceful life he led before.

Finding out that even total strangers can be connected to one another seems very strange, and when it seems that some of it connects back to him it is even more difficult to logically explain. Going with the flow Mark discovers a part of him that was hitherto unknown!

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review, by Celestial Eye Press this was a very unusual read.


4 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. I like the cover and that Mark inherited a bed and breakfast, which I always thought I'd like to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good. I like the cover as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a new-to-me book and author. I'm intrigued by your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete