My Blog List

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Master of His Fate by Barbara Taylor Bradford




Two parallel stories that intermingle at the end beautifully.

James is young, street smart, working on a market stall with his father. He is far thinking and with the entire support of his clan who sees the potential in him from the very beginning, he is groomed for much bigger things. Proving himself to both his Uncle and his family his world begins to involve the aristocracy and the world they live in.

On the other side we have Alexis, a very different young woman to the women of her age. She has a strong business acumen, is her father's heir and has sworn off marriage. Meeting Sebastian, the father of her friend and being bowled over by him despite the age difference, Alexis is blissfully happy until the untimely and savage unexpected death of Sebastian blows her world away.

How the two stories come together is the story of this book. At times too simplistic, it is however something that we all like to read and enjoy - a happy ending despite villains, treachery, back stabbing, thievery, ungrateful relations. Great read.

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of St. Martin's Press.

4 comments:

  1. I've seen a lot of Bradford's books but don't think I've ever read one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading her books in the 90s...this one sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of this one, I'm wondering if it ends the way I think it will. The cover is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete