My Blog List

Saturday, November 5, 2016

The Cavendon Luck by Barbara Taylor Bradford



I am sorry that the story has finished (hopefully temporarily). I was enthralled throughout the earlier two books and the third did not disappoint.

The two families of the Inghams and Swanns are stronger than ever. The families are still firmly entwined by feelings of love, loyalty and service. The time frame moves from the sedate times of the past to the beginning of WWII and what it will entail for not just the two families but for all their dependants and for England in general.

For those who like to read about this period, this is another evocative read. WWI and II have thrown up so many novels but each one is so different and gives us another perspective of how these wars affected the average person not just in England but around the world.

The Cavendon family was no different and apart from the romance and stature of the family very descriptively told in this story, the heartache of war affects all of them as well.

The book was sent to me by Netgalley, for an unbiased review courtesy of St. Martin's Press.



1 comment:

  1. I was a huge Barbara Taylor Bradford fan for a long time although I haven't read this book, from my experience she really did manage to draw you into the character's lives.

    ReplyDelete