My Blog List

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Murder at the Manor - a collection of classic crime stories!






It has to be my colonial history that makes me nostalgic for manors, country lanes, country scenes and characters as well. Lady and Lords abound, vicars and curates, butlers, maids, parlour maids, groomsmen and of course murders most prolific. This was a joy to read as it dealt with all of them and country charan, stable hands the lot. Downton Abbey in all its aspects combined with a hint of mystery and murder. Fabulous collection of crime.


The best crime fiction authors coming together under the theme of country manors. I was in heaven!

2 comments:

  1. There's just certain things about particular settings that draw us in immediately, isn't there? This sounds like a great collection of stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great collection of stories. I also enjoy that sort of setting. It may fill my Downton Abbey void. I just put it on my "to read" list. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete