My Blog List

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Gone girl by Gillian Flynn

Gone Girl



I must be the last person on the planet who hadn't read this book. I got this from a friend and boy aren't I glad I did.

The book has got so many many reviews so I am not going down that road. All I can say is that this is a twisted, difficult read which was complicated with so many unheard of and unimaginable turns in the story but it all comes together so beautifully in the end that this author has to be brilliant to even concoct a tale like this one.

The author goes into the psyche of Amy so well that at the end we see the whole, but right through the book you are kept guessing as to what is going to happen next. Brilliant story telling.

Definitely looking out for more from this author.

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read it but saw the film. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You weren't the last - I'm posting about it on Wednesday! Cheers from CArole's chatter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I could tell it was twisted the whole time I was reading and I had to get to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the movie and was rivited to the screen. i imagine the book is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mystica, I have not read the book yet. I saw the film, though, and thought it was okay. Nothing great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't watched the movie yet, but the book kept me riveted. I was very surprised by the twists and turns. We read it in my book club and it was a great book to discuss as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked this one too. So dark and twisty. :-) And definitely not people I would want to be friends with--or even neighbors with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nick...not such a great guy, but compared to Amy he wasn't so bad at all. She was one cold-hearted woman. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to plot this one all out and make sure she had all of the loose threads tied up.

    ReplyDelete