My Blog List

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Comfort me with Apples by Ruth Reichl

Comfort Me with Apples: More Adventures at the Table


I didn't read the first book in the series - this one is the second and it was a download from Open Library. Had to wait twenty days for this one! But it did not matter as the sequel was very interesting as a stand alone. 

A memoir of good food, life and love of Ruth Reichl we enter the world of the restaurant critic. Having just embarked on this career which is a heady one (can't think of anything better than being allowed to eat at the best restaurants!) Reichl's book is a mix of beautifully descriptive food and meals interspersed with her personal life and marriage.

If you like good food, this is definitely one for you. Interspersed with receipes which one would certainly like to try - some of them simple ones this is a book for anyone who likes good food and restaurants.

Honestly written about her loves and her marriage as well, this is a very warm book.



2 comments:

  1. I always like to find new foodie books to add to my must-read list. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to read her books - esp. the one about her undercover life as a restaurant critic. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete