My Blog List

Sunday, January 1, 2012

MAILBOX MONDAY/IT'S MONDAY WHAT ARE YOU READING?

Mailbox Monday is being hosted for January by At Home with Books.


It's Monday What are you reading is hosted by Sheila
at Book Journey.
















The books that I picked up for this long weekend which ends tomorrow are :


Stella Gibbons Cold Comfort Farm has been on my radar for quite some time.


Jennifer Weiner's Then Came you is also a book that I have read reviews about and have  been wanting to pick up.






And lastly Missing Julia is one I picked up as I liked the cover. I also liked the Chevy Stevens book with a similar title but this is nothing of that story. 
       
I still have books left over from my last foray into the library. Hopefully all will be read and finished soon as I have another list (all culled from everyone's 2011 best reading lists!).

The book I am reading right now is the Then Came You - just 50 pages in and very interesting. Its the second of January here and everyone's thoughts are now turning to the mundane and getting back to work tomorrow (today is mainly a holiday here though my daughter the nurse is working!)

I hope everyone had a very good New Years Eve and that the New Year will be blessed for all.

20 comments:

  1. Happy 2012! Cold Comfort Farm is on my to-read list. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo. I'm totally stealing your idea and making my next library shopping list from best of 2011's! What a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mystica, Happy New Year to you and your family too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then Came You looks like an interesting and enjoyable read. Enjoy reading!


    It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missing Julia and Then Came You both sound like books I'd enjoy.

    Happy New Year! I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard lots about Cold Comfort Farm and Then Came You and hope they both live up to their buzz. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to your thoughts on Cold Comfort Farm. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of those, but they look good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you have Cold Comfort Farm, I must read that some day.

    A Happy 2012 to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I look forward to And Then Came You. Have a super start to the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I'm pulled in with Missing Julia I have to read it now! and I love Stella Gibbons. I have Cold comfort on my list for this year and have read 'Nightingale Woods' and loved it. Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like Jennifer Weiner's books and I have this one in my TBR. Hope you enjoy your books!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to try to get Then Came You from our library. I enjoy Jennifer Weiner. Happy New Year to you, Mystica!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved Cold Comfort Farm - hope you do too! Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Then Came You is pretty good - Missing Julia looks very interesting

    Wishing you a great reading week!
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year Mystica! All of these look good. I especially like the look of Then Came You.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh some great reads there! I like Jennifer Weiner's writing. Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really want to try one of Jennifer Weiner's books. Happy reading and happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete