My Blog List

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

South Asia Challenge 2011


I have been wanting to join one or the other Challenges for quite a bit but have hesitated always not knowing whether I will be able to get the books necessary to complete the challenge. Books are tough to get in Sri Lanka mainly due to the cost, also a wide range is not necessarily available and it is only on my frequent visits to Melbourne that I do get updated on my reading material!
This challenge though is one I definitely will be able to handle. South Asian authors are popular in Sri Lanka and with our close proximity to the Indian sub continent we have a fairly good choice of Indian authors as well. I am hoping that I can extend it to the whole of South Asia and have a fairly widespread choice of books for my readers.
The challenge is being conducted by Swapna from S. Krishnas books. If you are interested please go over and link yourself there.

4 comments:

  1. Do you know what books you are going to read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, thanks for stopping by my blog. =) Do you have book suggestion for books on Sri Langka or by Sri Langkan author? (fiction).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. This is a return from your visit. I will be keeping an eye on the books you would be reading. I would have loved to read books by Sri lankan writers but book availabilty proves difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing what titles you will unearth:)

    ReplyDelete