My Blog List

Monday, June 22, 2020

An Oxford Revenge by Maxine Barry




Like Paris anything with Oxford in the title, I seem to gravitate to! I love the scenic beauty of Oxford as depicted in the mystery series Lewis and earlier Morse so this was a good choice for me.


The story of straightforward revenge on a tutor at Oxford because he supposedly was responsible for her brother's death is the bottom line. As the story progresses, we realize that revenge is not as sweet as it should have been for Davina and that the tables are slowly turning on her as the story progresses.


I liked the depiction of Oxford and all its traditions but the story left me disappointed.


Sent by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of Joffe Books.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to see this visit to Oxford left you disappointed. Hopefully its just a blip.

    ReplyDelete