My Blog List

Saturday, November 23, 2019

Death Beside the Seaside by T E Kinsey



The series is a new one for me and one which is mix of Agatha Christie as well as one of the Classic Crime series.

Lady Hardcastle and her companion Flo have been partners in crime and have supported each other through thick and thin. They have endured hardships together, solved crimes, escaped from prisons but this time all they seek is a peaceful seaside holiday of their own choosing (which is what they thought) complete with donkey rides, Punch & Judy shows and all the attractions of a British seaside holiday.

They did not think they will end up in a hotel where guest by guest gets murdered (or abducted) one by one - at the end it is both of them and the two American ladies (also involved). Told in a matter of fact manner, the detection of the victims as well as the suspects continue in a very understated tone complete with high teas, entertainment and dinners as scheduled.

I loved the tongue in cheek humour, very reminiscent of a British comedy. Not a style of reading found often nowadays.

I found the cover fabulous too.

The book was sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of Amazon Publishing UK

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy mysteries that take place in a hotel or by the sea. So, this sounds like something I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like this is a series I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete