My Blog List

Friday, October 4, 2019

The Particular Charm of Miss Jane Austen by Ada Bright & Cass Grafton



I knew this was going to be a variation of the Jane Austen theme but this took me way out of any comfort zone I had! In a very good way.

The idea that what would have happened if the Jane Austen books we know were not written or not published is unimaginable.

September and in Bath it is  all about Austen. Finding someone in period costume is nothing unusual at the time and Rose begins to think that the lady she glimpses everywhere is another of those who has immersed herself fully into the Austen saga. When Morgan arrives from America and Rose's entire present world is turned upside down with the appearance of a necklace which has brought Jane Austen to present day times and then takes Rose back in time, things get complicated.

Rose desperately wants to get back to modern times and Jane Austen needs to go back to write and publish her books but how are they going to do this, when the only way back is a necklace secreted in a safe in a place hidden by double walls and in a building which is now an office!

Taking innumerable twists and turns, you do know this story is going to end well. Otherwise there would be no Jane Austen novels today!

A fun read, for lovers of Jane Austen a must.

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of Canelo

6 comments:

  1. I have to read this! Thanks for sharing. I hadn't heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a lot of fun! I bet I would enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love twists and turns and stories that end well. And Jane, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a new perspective. Thanks for sharing your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this sounds adorable! Your review makes me want to read it now.

    ReplyDelete