My Blog List

Monday, May 13, 2019

The Daffodil Affair by Michael Innes






The Daffodil Affair  (Sir John Appleby, #8)


Part of a series, I came to this unexpectedly in the middle at No. 8.

A bit of a far fetched tale. A horse goes missing - this horse is a bit different, good at numbers!
At the same time two young girls go missing, presumably kidnapped, probably human trafficking and the best part is yet to come, during the Blitz a house in Bloomsbury actually goes missing.

Now to put the three strands together - they are connected though not obviously so is the work of our Inspector and his side kick.

This is a quirky read, lots of literary references splattered throughout the book, all adding a piquancy to the read. It is a detective story with a lot of suspense. I like the references to the author himself in the book all adding great interest. Also very descriptive.

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased read, courtesy of Ipso.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. I like that the author refrences himself in the book, I don't think I've ever read a fiction where the author did that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting one.

    ReplyDelete