My Blog List

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Three short reviews, three different genres!



I'm way behind on reviews so thought I'd do three together.  My apologies to the authors as well as the publishing houses which sent me the books.

When Shannon realizes that there is a stalker in her life it is an unsettling feeling. It does not end however badly as what would one imagine. A black suv following you around does not sound good at all. In this case it is very good and life would change for Shannon.

A different kind of storyline, mystery in a woman's fiction novel. Very nice.

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of Kristin Dow.




A story of war during Napoleon's time and the epic battle of Waterloo as well. Set in the French countryside initially we have a young French woman thrust into the heart of the battle when her father, brother and a good friend are all faced with danger. She must try her best to avoid the dangers facing a single young woman and she now dresses as a stable boy to be able to evade the dangers of an unprotected woman in the midst of a war.

Romance and history combined very well, with a wealth of descriptive detail of the era and the setting makes this a very good book.

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of Manor Gate Press.





This was the third book in the story of Befu and Calli so I came into it blind.

Ivy is very protective of her blind sister Lily. She feels that she must do everything in her power to protect her. When Lily is abducted Ivy will do all she could to get her safely back.

On the other side Befu and Calli's long lost daughter is found but she is also caught up in the family saga of whether she should look forward or stay in the past.

An intriguing story especially from a female point of view, where the girls of this family are very much loved and cared for in the face and at a time where value for daughters is rather low.

Very interesting setting and a family story with all the ramifications of a complicated family where love and faith will prevail.

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of Lake Union Publishing.






3 comments:

  1. Mystica - perfect reviews because they tell me what the books are about and how you found them. No need to apologise to the publishing houses! You now have me interested in the Kristin Dow book so going to seek it out on GR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of the three, Bitter Winds appeals to me the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liberty and Means has my attention.

    ReplyDelete