My Blog List

Friday, October 24, 2014

The Fragrance Shed by a Violet by Lin Wilder


The title is a quote from Mark Twain which I knew about only after I finished the book. It is very apt for this story.

Dr Lindsey McCall is beautiful, brainy, the apple of her father's eye but unfortunately the smote in her sister's and not the most loved by her mother who feels that she is overlooked in the general hierarchy in the family. You know from the beginning that the family is divided and this is going to be the crux of the problem despite accolades from everywhere else.

Lindsey is at the moment incarcerated in jail for complicity in murdering her mother with a drug which is undergoing trials as yet. Lindsey is also not very loud in her defense, she has refused to see friends since her time in jail and has cut off connections with all. 

Fortunately for Lindsey though she seems to have given up on her own defense, there seems to be a myriad others who haven't. Kate Townsend Pulitzer winning journalist and Rich Jansen the criminal defense attorney and presently in charge of the Prisons along with Campbell and a host of others in Texas take charge of the case and in a series of escalating discoveries find out very quickly who the actual culprit is.

Very cleverly told, fascinating what family will and wont do to support and destroy one another, a family story with a touch of romance as well which was a lovely touch. 

I couldn't put this book down and had to finish it in one go!


The book was sent to me by Netgalley for my honest opinion through the publisher Smith Publicity. Thank you. 

6 comments:

  1. This sounds very good. I'll need to check it out and see if it is still available on NG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books that grab your attention like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one's gone onto my tbr. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always like to hear about unputdownable books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you pick new-to-me stories and authors. Thanks for introducing me to this one (as well as many others). This looks particularly good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you didn't want to put this one down. It sounds intense. It sounds like Lindsey has all but given up, which is sad, especially when she's not actually guilty.

    ReplyDelete