My Blog List

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Review - Then she found me by Elinor Lippman


The cover of this book attracted me - it was quirky and quite modern. The book was just like that. A modern day version of the different kinds of love.

A 17 year old falls pregnant and gives away her baby - but finally we discover this happened in unusual circumstances. April the daughter in this case discovers family secrets - but it is one discovery at a time - and most of the time the first discovery counter effects the first so that she is left bemused, angry, puzzled and mainly hurt at the deception of her biological mother.


Bernice as the mother is a talk show host - brash, looking out for number one and in this case it is definitely not her daughter. Then we get April - sedate, not used to taking rash decisions and opposite of her mother.

This was a book which kept you wanting more. I did not know it had been turned into a film but I can imagine how good it must be - given the scope of the story.


3 comments:

  1. The story sounds familiar so maybe I've seen the film. It is a good storyline so I'm sure you had a good read. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the movie, but did like the book. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book...and the movie. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete