My Blog List

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Review Peter Mayle's Provence A - Z



For someone like me where it is most unlikely that I would visit Provence this I think is the next best thing. I have read his books before and found them delightful. All the idiosyncracies and quirks of Provence are brought to life in this book. Things present and things past as well so everyone is very well catered for. It is not just a book that would be suitable for a traveller to the region, it is a book that will suit anyone with just an interest in life and living!


History, culture, food, people, wine, agriculture, industry and tourism are all covered in this wonderful almost encyclopaedic book.


Enjoyed the read very much.

2 comments:

  1. I think it would be one of those books I could look in now and then :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Provence is a place I to want to visit someday also!

    ReplyDelete