My Blog List

Friday, August 30, 2024

The Hierophant Card by Bevan Atkinson

 


The second in the Tarot Card mysteries .

Thalia is the prime suspect in the death of her husband. Alternately denying that she had anything to do with it and then wishing him dead is not the ideal way to deal with suspicion. Bryce a nurse walks around with a fatal dose of drugs in a syringe, waiting to hasten the death of those whom he thinks should die asap. We have a girl friend of Thalias husband vociferous and demanding on the scenes and we have our tarot card reader who is expected to soothe calm and redirect Thalia to a state of reasonable thinking.

The complicated killings and the tarot card reader bringing a sense of order to the mess are quick and easy to read. The secondary characters here are bigger than life and also quietly absent from the main action in the story, at the same time. If that was possible. Very interesting reading.

This review does not go on Amazon, though I’d like to post there,  because they don’t permit me to post as I have not purchased stuff on Amazon. 



5 comments:

  1. I can't post my reviews on amazon either, as the books I review are from Netgalley and not bought from them. I prefer goodreads anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tarot Card reader as therapist. A neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun that this mystery series revolves around Tarot cards. I like Tarot cards. :D

    ReplyDelete