My Blog List

Sunday, September 1, 2024

The Kidnapped Prime Minister & The Tragedy at Marsden Manor by Agatha Christie

 I was lucky enough to download a collection of short stories by Agatha Christie, from Amazon.   

They were both very short, succinct and very much to the point.

In the first at the end of World War II the BritishPrime Minister is kidnapped on his way to an important conference in France. Hercule Poirot is called in (reluctantly)by the British powers that be and in 24 hours, the mystery is solved merely by Poirot using a method of logic to solve the crime. All ends well.


In the second we have a young beautiful widow. Her elderly husband has died in an open and shut case. There is a substantial insurance settlement. Poirot has been called in to check whether it was a suicide which will void the insurance claim. Poirot realises very early on that the case is not straightforward.

There are several others which I look forward to reading.


2 comments:

  1. I like Agatha Christie a lot. Though I haven't read many of her short stories. Yet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hercule Poirot - one of my very favorite characters! I used to love reading Christie's stories featuring him and I loved the old television series with David Suchet in the title role. He was perfect!

    ReplyDelete