My Blog List

Friday, July 12, 2019

The Silver Ladies of Penny Lane by Dee MacDonald



Tess and Orla are good friends, blunt to each other but honest - there is a no holds barred conversations going on between the two all the time. I thought it was a bit too blunt but it worked very well for them both.

Now in their sixties, both are looking for love in almost any place possible. Their pursuit of happiness was a bit forced but both were determined to get it by any means. Companionship, a physical relationship were both goals for both of them and the story of how they achieved it is this story.

I was not very enamoured by the whole process but then I think I am prejudiced! The story was light, funny in parts, a farcical in parts.

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of Bookouture.

5 comments:

  1. Some people do get more blunt as they get older but I think it's later than their sixties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, maybe. I'll keep this one in mind. I'm in my early sixties and hope I still have a good filter but perhaps I should poll my family, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe not for me at this time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the ladies reached their goal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like something I’d enjoy, I like blunt woman who prefer to grow old disgracefully.

    ReplyDelete