My Blog List

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Summer on the Italian Lakes by Lucy Coleman



I was first drawn to the cover. Who wouldn't like that appealing cover? I cannot understand the covers of some of the stories I read. So drab, so unreasonable for want of a better description.

Brie Middleton is a successful author of romance fiction, hot dashing heroes and steamy love scenes. Her personal life is in a shambles right now. Let down by a boyfriend who was more interested in image than her sterling qualities, he wanted sexy arm candy and when her weight started ballooning he ditched her. Brie went into hibernation, could hardly write and had no self confidence at all.

Her agent pushes her to go into a working conference in Salo, Italy helping out a fellow author in a crisis. How meeting Arran, working again with other writers and to be authors helped Brie to change her life around. She found a new love, a new focus in her life and it helped that the setting was so idyllic.

Liked the change from psychological thrillers and murder mysteries!

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of Aria.

3 comments:

  1. Love the cover - sounds like a nice change of pace book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover too - especially with all of the snow I'm experiencing right now. It sounds like a great book this time of year and a nice change in pace for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cover :)
    And this seems like a good fit for me

    ReplyDelete