Google+ Followers

My Blog List

Monday, March 23, 2015

Mailbox Monday/It's Monday! What are you Reading?

My posts are going to be sans images as long as I am posting whilst traveling.

Today I am at Kalpitiya -  a place renowned for whale watching, dolphin watching and kite surfing. Very popular with the tourists. Locals less so. I too have not been to the beach to watch either but I am not a beach fan!

This weeks mailbox brought in the following

Isabella - Colin Falconer. Powerful queen who has to contend with a homosexual King.

The Nightingale Girls - Donna Douglas

Wylding Hall - Elizabeth Hand

Inside the  O'Briens - Lisa Genova - read about this one in a review. Netgalley kindly sent it on very quickly.



It's Monday! What are you reading?   This meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey introduces you to books otherwise unknown.

Reading Whylding Hall. A 70s style folk/rock band with all its attendant lifestyle reminiscing about a major incident which changed their lives. I've not yet realized or come to the "incident" sO it's quite a mystery as well.

Weather is very very hot. Not a breath of wind even. There is a belief here that rain will come on Good Friday so everyone looking forward to that.




18 comments:

samstillreading said...

Have a wonderful time travelling! Hope you enjoy!

Teddyree said...

Hope you like Inside the O'Briens, horrific disease, Lisa Genova does a great job with this one! Safe travels :)

Christina T said...

Inside the O'Briens is one I definitely want to read. Hope you enjoy it and your other books.

I also hope you get a break soon from the hot weather!

JoAnn said...

I'd like to read Inside the O'Briens, too... sounds like readers should keep the tissues handy!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Lisa Genova did a great job educating the reader about a horrible disease in Inside the O'Briens. My review will post in a week or two.
Hope your weather becomes more tolerable very soon.

Kathy Martin said...

A beach sounds good to me. We had eight inches of snow yesterday and a snow day today. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

shelleyrae @ book'd out said...

I hope you get a chance to see the Dolphins and whales, they are such beautiful creatures.

Read on...
Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

Elizabeth said...

ENJOY your reading week, Mystica.

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.

ENJOY your travels. Whale watching sounds wonderful.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Mailbox Monday

Pat @ Posting For Now said...

Looks like a nice collection of books. Enjoy!

Yvonne@fiction-books said...

Hi Mystica,

I hope you are having a wonderful time on your travels :)

I am not a fan of very hot weather, nor beach holidays, however I did check out some on-line images of Kalpitiya and it does look wonderful.

You have quite a selection of varied genres this week, however 'The Nightingale Girls' is the one which caught my eye and seems to be getting some very positive ratings and reviews. I shall look forward to discovering your thoughts about it.

Thanks for sharing,

Yvonne

Tribute Books Mama said...

I can't wait for the warm weather, it is 29 degrees here today, enjoy! your traveling.

Blodeuedd said...

Happy reading :)

Lindsey said...

I think I have Inside The O'Briens coming up soon. I hope you enjoy it!

Maybe the key to enjoying a seaside getaway is to find a place to enjoy the view without actually having to contend with the crazy vacationers!

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

You've featured some nice books this week, Mystica. Happy travels!

Nise' said...

Wishing you rain on Good Friday! I love whale watching! Hope you venture down to the beach. Have a great time.

Vicki said...

Hope you enjoy your books! I love anything to do with the water and the beach is my favorite place to be! I hope you have a great time!

Serena said...

Inside the O'Briens does sound fantastic.

Martha Eskuchen said...

I hope you are enjoying your travels. Like you, we are enjoying travel and vacation even though we aren't doing 'tourist' sites.
I like your variety of reading.
I hope you get a nice break in the heat.
Happy Reading!