My Blog List

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

HEAD OVER HEELS by JILL MANSELL


Yesterday was a busy day and I did need something light to read. I had plenty of waiting time in between doctors appointments and was on the road the whole day. This was an ideal read for me.

Jessie has kept the identity of her son's father a secret for 21 years. Of all the coincidences possible the father Toby Gillespie now a very famous actor buys the manor in the small village where she lives and turns her world upside down,  sets in motion a series of events which implausible though they sound actually could happen and in turn make for a wonderful read!

The coincidences were a bit too much but the incidents they set in motion are ones which could really happen and I was always thinking back to something similar that I knew about!!!

Interesting reading.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good exercise in what coincidences could mean and blossom into. Glad you enjoyed it. I hope all is well with those doctor's appts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an easy read, indeed. It's nice that it sounded recognisable even if it wasn't too realistic. I don't think I've read any of her books. I prefer other kinds of chick-lit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree- her books are never deep and thought-provoking but I always enjoy them as a nice light distraction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mansell's books. I've never read this one, but it's on my to-buy list. Hope you'll give another of her books a try in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not think I have read this one, but I do enjoy her books :D

    ReplyDelete