My Blog List

Saturday, August 11, 2012

BEYOND THE BLUE MOUNTAINS by PENELOPE LIVELY



This was the last of the Penelope Lively's I picked up from the library and this was the best. A collection of short stories which were feisty, spicy and couldn't put downable.

The one about the action, reaction theory was fantastic in its imaginative way the story spiralled from a spilled pot of paint to what eventually happened.  The stories are succint and to the point and it will all appeal to those who appreciate a dry sense of British humour! The stories themselves deal with the middle class of Britain and the characters some of them unimaginative and dull but it is that very dullness that sparks the interest of the reader.

Brilliant short read.

On a sad note our dog Dottie died yesterday. Just one and a half years old she will be very sadly missed by us.



4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about Dottie ((HUGS)) I can only imagine how sad you are feeling right now. Dogs are so special and it is especially sad to hear about one dying so young. My sympathies are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister's name was Dottie. She is no longer with us. So sorry to hear about your pup, Dottie. Know you will miss him. Enjoyed your book review about Penelope Lively's short stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose a beloved pet who has no doubt been a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss. Dottie was a beauty and I'm sure she will be missed. It always breaks my heart to lose a pet.

    ReplyDelete