My Blog List

Monday, January 15, 2024

House of secrets by Darcy Coates

 


I did not read the first book so was a bit lost. Sophie was a subdued sort till she became bold and completely focussed, no obsessed about her husband.

The story for me was a bit convoluted. Also not a genre I go for, but once in a while I try to step out of my comfort zone and go for a different kind of read. This was a little too way out for me but that is my problem, not the authors.

Sent by Poisoned Pen Press for an unbiased review, courtesy of Netgalley.



3 comments:

  1. I've read some of Darcy Coates' ghost stories and really enjoyed them, but I haven't read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read one Darcy Coates The Haunting of Ashburn House which I really liked. What drew me in was the heroine Adrienne and her cat Wolfgang. I felt for Adrinene and she and Wolfgang had such a bond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This actually sounds like a series I might enjoy with its Gothic fill. I do dislike coming into a series later than the first book and feeling a bit lost.

    ReplyDelete