My Blog List

Thursday, January 18, 2024

A Body at the Seance by Marty Wingate (London Ladies Murder Club) Book 2

 Behind on both reading and reviewing as I had a beautiful vacation in Kerala starting from Cochin with its surprising for me plethora of fabulous churches, to the tea plantations of Munnar, then to quiet backwaters of Alleppey with meandering canals and then to Trivandrum with its intricate and ornate temples. 

This story involving Mabel Canning our amateur sleuth, and Jack of all trades has solved her first crime, and is now embroiled in her second. At a seance, a man who was dead for several months is found murdered during the seance with very little clues left for the Police to follow. Mabel has been part of the group who follows the seance leader, and has more insight into the group of characters than the Police can ever hope to achieve. When Madame herself is found murdered, Mabel knows that time is limited as the murderer is becoming nervous that she is going to confront him. 

Good deduction, painstaking detective work, a touch of romance in a classic vintage style and setting this was a delightful old fashioned read.

Sent by Bookouture for an unbiased review, courtesy of Netgalley.




4 comments:

  1. Your vacation sounds wonderful. Glad you had a good time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had such a nice holiday! I have a couple of Wingate's books on my kindle (having already read one or two), and I should read one of them. She has a knack for choosing things that interest me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your holiday sounds so nice, Mystica. I hope you feel refreshed after it.

    ReplyDelete