My Blog List

Monday, December 4, 2023

The Mandeville Shadow by Callie Langridge

 


I wanted a break from murder stories and I found it in this family saga, touching on the supernatural in a beautiful village setting.

Kate is burdened with grief and loss. Her father dead, her mother sold the family home moved out to stay with her son and Kate has lost her job at the steelworks. No home, no family her chance encounter on a walk brings her a chance of work and a welcoming, warm family home.

Hill House has a history, most of it good but with one villain who reaches out mentally to destroy the young heir of this home. Kate has spiritual powers of her own, hitherto known to her in the most fleeting manner but now developing at a faster rate to protect and save Tommy from death.

Fascinating story, beautifully crafted.

Sent by Storm Publishing for an unbiased review, courtesy of Netgalley 

3 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by the extraordinary powers the characters seem to to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to find something a little different from murder mysteries that still satisfied you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to mix up the sorts of stories I read, too.

    ReplyDelete