My Blog List

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

No Little Lies by AB Plum

Described as a psychological thriller, the story is more than that. Ryn runs a women's shelter and Beau runs a band. Ryn also has selective amnesia and does not remember all the details from her violent past including the murder of her mother. We have Molly living with an abusive and controlling husband Chad with no means to get out of the marriage. We have these strands continuing into the story on their own with the past death of her mother intruding into the present and one wonders where is the connection between the different strands. The story was compelling but a bit too complicated for me to read in one go. I came back to it with renewed interest and read it to the end. The characters were convoluted, the story line similar. Sent by BooksGoSocial for an unbiased read, courtesy of Netgalley.

7 comments:

  1. It isn't unusual for me to come back to a book with renewed interest after putting it aside for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound rather complicated, but evidently, you found it worthwhile in the end. Perseverance pays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you came back and found that you wanted to read it to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure for me but I'm glad you went back to it and could read to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like this one has a lot going on. I am glad you enjoyed it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting enough but, the older I get , I don't like complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm...I like a mystery that is complicated, but not convoluted. I still might check this one out, though.

    ReplyDelete