My Blog List

Friday, December 18, 2020

The Haunting of Brynn Wilder by Wendy Webb

Brynn escapes to Wharton, a quiet holiday town to have a respite from a very turbulent recent past. Putting up at an inn run by the very lovely Luann she meets up with friendly people and a relaxed atmosphere - at the beginning. When a dark turn happens and things of a paranormal nature begin to happen, and happen frequently Brynn knows that the inn holds secrets from decades past and that someone from the past is trying to reveal them to her. Why she is being chosen for this task is beyond her comprehension, but when she finds a soulmate in another visitor at the inn, Brynn feels that the whole story is now being linked. The sense of the past is very strong throughout the story, but it is only at the very tail end of the book that I began to get the gist of it. It takes some figuring out and may not be to all tastes but who can account for life after death or what happens in the hereafter. A story that got me thinking, held me interested till the end. Sent by Lake Union Publishing for an unbiased review, courtesy of Netgalley.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a book I would like. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been curious about this one. Thanks for the review. I wonder if it's linked to the author's earlier novel Daughters of the Lake, since it's set in the same town.

    ReplyDelete