My Blog List

Friday, December 4, 2020

A Village Vacancy by Julie Houston

The setting of Westenbury in Yorkshire was glorious, the characters were all spot on hilarious, serious, modern women. The families were complicated - there were yours, mine and ours multiplied over and the story could not be called women's fiction because I think men will enjoy the story too. The ramifications of a village life, the handsome widower now being eyed by many women in the village, he is rich and handsome and also a kind soul. Then there is a bunch of attractive professional women around too. I sometimes felt in the story that it was a little too crowded with characters and got a tad confusing. Overall the story was entertaining and just what anyone needs after a dose of heavy reading. Descriptive and engaging. Sent by Aria and Aries for an unbiased review, courtesy of Netgalley.

4 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this one a lot - I love when the author creates a vivid sense of place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stories set in a village with lots of great characters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like another fun one. Too many characters can be confusing sometimes, so I get that. I am glad you enjoyed it overall though.

    ReplyDelete