My Blog List

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Strangers by C.L. Taylor




The story is told by several characters. All of them are not connected in anyway and their stories are different and disparate. I continued for almost sixty percent of the book or even more before I could see anyway that they were going to be drawn together.


That was the key point of interest for me. When was it all going to be drawn together because without it, you knew there was no story. Alice,  Gareth, Ursula were the three protagonists each of them battling various issues Alice and being alone, Gareth and again he being alone and with a mother with severe dementia and Ursula never gotten over the loss of her love, insecure but brash and trying to keep it together.


The stories were long and complicated but not boring. Each of them were realistic enough that one could see parallels in people around us and it is only when it is put together that one realizes that all you need is one person off kilter to set normal lives haywire.


This was a good story (ies) all put together very nicely.


Sent by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of Avon Books U.K.

3 comments:

  1. I think I would be wondering when they would connect along the way too! I like the sound of this one.

    ReplyDelete