My Blog List

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Problem Child by Victoria Helen Stone




You either think this book is totally about a sociopath, psychopath woman and then you doubt yourself. The beginning and the end were good, kept me on my toes, I did not know what to expect next.


We are looking at a woman who cannot "feel" emotion of any kind. The closest she comes is with her present partner but she is quite clinical about him too. Her dealings in her office are so brutal but the cleverness of no one realizing how brutal she is, is part of the fascination of this character.


On a search for a niece, who is a copy cat of herself and when she tries to "rescue" her from her present predicament, does she think that she is on a slippery slope and that the whole episode could ricochet on her in the future.


This was a strangely tense, strangely riveting read.


Sent by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of Lake Union Publishing.


PS I thought I had done this review and it had disappeared somewhere!

2 comments:

  1. I need a tense, riveting read right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, unlike Kathy, I am having trouble with tense right now. I'm tense enough, I think. LOL This does sound good though.

    ReplyDelete