My Blog List

Sunday, January 12, 2020

The Last Waltz by Dorothy Mack


 

This was typical Regency romance and I loved it. It was also very suitable for a particularly stressed out few days when I never knew whether I was coming or going!!

Location was Brussels at the height of the war with Napoleon on their doorstep. Adrienne has two young brothers and Becky who has been their protector and guide. Now without a penny to their name Becky turns to their only hope Lord Creighton whose mother was a dear friend of Adrienne's mother. Becky is also alarmed at Adrienne's insistence on changing their fortunes by going to houses where gambling takes place. Without a guardian or a male protector Adrienne is vulnerable though she is not aware of the dangers.

The story goes on with Lord Creighton's beautiful fiancee who does not wish to play second fiddle to the poor relations of her partner.  Adrienne discovers only much later her actual feelings for the Lord and thankfully it all ends well despite the ups and downs of true love!

The setting was lovely, the characters were all masterful and I enjoyed reading this book.

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of Sapere Books.

4 comments:

  1. I love Regency romances also. I'll have to look for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good Regency - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like a good romance to sweep you away from your troubles for awhile. I am glad you enjoyed this one, Mystica. I hope whatever is causing you stress is resolved soon, if not already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read a regency romance. Perhaps, I should read one, since I'm basically open to reading in all genres.

    ReplyDelete