My Blog List

Monday, February 6, 2017

Two Days Gone by Randall Silvis




This was a mystery murder/thriller cum detective novel at its finest! A real page turner. One I had to finish in one go.

A well respected college professor, also a famous crime writer finds his entire family brutally murdered.  He is also on the run. It simply points out to his guilt. For some reason, completely unfathomable to everyone around him - his students, his in laws and even to the police chief who knew him this was not his work. But then why was he missing, why didn't he turn himself in and tell his part of the story.

The story unravels slowly without any sequence or logic. I personally could not work out who was the murderer and why till it was actually spelt out.  Taken in baby steps, the logic and why and wherefore of how a murderer's mind works and subsequently how those who are most affected take revenge are devious and complicated. This adds to the story here.

A very good read sent to me by Netgalley courtesy of Sourcebooks Landmark.













7 comments:

  1. This sounds really good; I must see if it's still available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the sound of this one, I'm adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to hear about books that can't be put down. Looking out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a really good one. Was this one you got through NetGalley? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well - I don't know how I missed your last sentence - yes it was NetGalley. Good pick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I expected to like this one more than I did.

    ReplyDelete