My Blog List

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Come Rain or Come Shine by Jan Karon








This was an easy read.

I had not read anything in this series so the characters were new to me. They are the straight forward characters one would find in a country village. The vet Dooley his wife to be Lace their parents. The wedding looked forward to by the whole county as it were. A simple affair. Potluck. Barn cleared out for guests and dancing. Anything that could go wrong? not very likely, but like all the best laid plans things can get out of hand a bit. No one accounts for changes in weather, there are many surprises along the way but thankfully it all gets smoothed out in the end.

Very pleasant reading.

Sent to me by Netgalley courtesy of Penguin Group Putnam. 

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of this series, but I've heard them described as very cozy books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy that series and need to get this book.

    ReplyDelete