My Blog List

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

MARY HIGGINS CLARK - THE ANASTASIA SYNDROME & OTHER STORIES

170659

I did not even realize it was five stories till I finished the first one. So this book was a bonus of sorts.

The Anastasia Syndrome was such a plausible story - it drew you in. A very prim and proper romance, and then you get the most unexpected happenings. A story that kept you on edge and was in essence the very epitome of what a "thriller" should be.

The other stories that followed were rather tame in comparison. I knew what was going to happen in the Lottery Ticket story well ahead. The search for a missing child,  obsessive love and the rest were mild stories not real thriller class.

The first one was worth it all though.

Images from Singapore (from various sites) follow. As usual a very satisfying trip.



Singapore's Merlion.


The Singapore Flyer is currently the tallest Ferris wheel in the world. It reaches 42 stories high, with a total height of 165 m (541 ft), and is 5 m (16 ft)



the biggest Ferris wheel in the world. Views from here are breathtaking.

3 comments:

  1. Mary Higgins Clark's books are always great reads.

    Did you go on that Ferris wheel? I'm impressed. I couldn't manage the London Eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I'd read all of Mary Higgins Clark but I don't remember this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shot (yours?) of the ferry wheel is impressive Mystica! (Not that you would get me on it, NEVER)

    ReplyDelete