My Blog List

Sunday, September 6, 2026

The Tailor by Tim Sullivan

 


A bespoke tailor with clients from the very upper circles is found murdered in a brutal manner in a train carriage. No ordinary robbery though his luggage is missing. DS George Cross is on the case with a new assistant which he finds hard to handle, with his former Assistant now promoted over him, overlooking matters.

What follows is a meticulously pulled apart detective story - procedurally detailed, sometimes puzzling to everyone else other than to Cross but bringing to light the murderers involved. A tale of betrayal, espionage, a highly improbable code system and the brilliance of George Cross.

I am sad that this is the last book on my kindle from this author. I was hoarding it and keeping it to enjoy at leisure. 

Thank you to Grove Atlantic for sending me this book for an unbiased review, courtesy of Netgalley.



4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hear you. I also finished the last one I had by an author. Now I need to wait for more

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series! I just finished reading The Politician and am looking forward to reading The Monk next month. DS George Cross is the best. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam at Book Chase also recommended this series. I got the first book out of the library but it was due before I got a chance to read it - clearly, I need to try again!

    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you enjoyed the last book on your Kindle from this author. I understand that need to save and savor.

    ReplyDelete