My Blog List

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Heir to Murder by Tony Bassett

 



A story that if you like meticulous police procedures, painstaking detection work will keep you enthralled and entertained.

We have an aristocratic family living in a Hall complete with the requisite Lord, but dogged by tragedy. The elder son went missing in Spain years ago and now the youngest son, estranged from the family, living almost incognito as a sound technician, is found brutally murdered. The suspects are obvious to many, except to D S Sunita Roy who doesn’t take the easiest path and likes to dig deeper, not always supported by her colleagues or superiors.

Many suspects later, an overseas enquiry concluded with a surprising outcome the murder enquiry was concluded and the correct people were behind bars. 

Lots to keep the reader locked in, this was a really good read. I’ll be looking out for the other books by this author. I also liked how at the end of some chapters the writer had an interesting tidbit of information, totally unexpected.

Sent by The Book Folks for an unbiased review, courtesy of Netgalley 


2 comments:

  1. I do like police procedures so I am glad you liked and shared this. Thanks for thinking of me and visiting my blog. I hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Police procedurals aren't my favorite kind of mystery, but I do enjoy reading them once in awhile...especially if they're done really well.

    ReplyDelete