My Blog List

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Killers of a Certain Age by Deanna Raybourn

This was a really good read about older women - four feisty, smart and determined ones taking up a challenge thrown their way and dealing brilliantly withthe chinless wonders they meet on the way. The Four women have worked as assassins,worked very creditably, now retired each one dealing with the new phase in their lives. Not so easy it seems, with one final assignment which on the surface seems reasonable, but as time goes on shows flaws such as an insider threat, betrayal within the over ruling establishment and too many coincidences to be probable. The level of skill in not just executing a person, but the precise forward planning before eachenterprise, the methodical implementation of the plan, the dependance of one and in other words putting your life in your partners hands is fabulous. Enjoyed every second of this read, feasible or not the reading was riveting. I got a Deanna Raybourn book after ages after requests were made and I am appreciative that I got this one. Many thanks to Hodder & Stoughton who sent this on to me for an unbiased review, courtesy of Netgalley.

3 comments:

  1. I read, liked, and reviewed this book last year. Here's a link to my review. https://www.thenatureofthings.blog/2022/10/killers-of-certain-age-by-deanna.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this one as well!
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a book that I want to read. I just don't know when I'm going to find the time to do it!

    ReplyDelete