My Blog List

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Unravelled Knots The Teahouse Detective by Baroness Orczy

I am pulling out Netgalley reads which I have had on my kindle for ages and for whatever reason I have not read These were fascinating stories - a collection of them discussed between two people one an average narrator, the other quirky but clever who painstakingly shows in each case who the murderer was,and how he got off. So all the stories are unusually of unsolved crimes though the reader is shown explicitly who killed whom, how and why. I did not realise that the person listening to the stories, bringing up each case was a journalist and a female. All I knew was that the two characters did not like each other. There was a condescending air to one, and a disparaging air to the other. The mystery/murders are all vintage and very clearly outlined. An unusual way of looking at murder. Sent by Pushkin Press for an unbiased review, courtesy of Netgalley.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting concept for a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read Baroness Orzcy's The Scarlet Pimpernel and totally loved it.

    ReplyDelete