My Blog List

Sunday, March 24, 2019

Daughter of a Daughter of a Queen by Sarah Bird










Born into servitude Cathy Williams always considered herself above all the rest. When the opportunity for freedom came, she took it and entered into service under the veteran Sheridan. When she had to return home, she refused to enter into any kind of service again and disguising herself as a man joined the Buffalo Soldiers.

Now fighting for just survival, Cathy is bent on finding her mother and her younger brother and also the love of her life. Based on a true story which I realised only much later this was a tale that could only be described as swashbuckling.

A good very descriptive history lesson especially for those not American, the story of Private Williams is a fascinating one.

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of St. Martin's Press.


6 comments:

  1. I can appreciate the history in that but don't think I'd like the "swashbuckling" aspect of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting tale.

    Thanks for sharing

    Shelleyrae @ Book’d Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! I haven't read anything by this author, but I like a good historical novel and have long been interested in the Buffalo Soldiers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looked at this book and now defintely want to read it.

    ReplyDelete