My Blog List

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Finding Secrets by Lauren Westwood



Seemingly straight forward but uncovering secrets by the score. One lead to another and Alex's world was turned upside down. What was a normal occupation - manageress of a country home and expanding the business, being the adopted daughter of a very nice set of middle class parents and then you sort of ending up having royalty ancestry, lots of money and a very complicated background.

It was a bit difficult for me to follow the various strands of the story as it was very involved but they all came together very well. The mystery and the ancestry was one section, the romance was another and they blended well.

The setting of the old English manor, the bits of history adding to the interest in the story were good and kept me going throughout the book.

Sent to me by Netgalley for an unbiased review, courtesy of Aria. 

4 comments:

  1. I seem to only have time to read in short snatches these days so a book that's difficult to follow probably isn't the best choice for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the sound of this one so will put it in my wish list. When a book is difficult to keep up with I make jottings until I have it sorted for myself then I stop and just read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it all came together in a satisfactory way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It amazes me how many books you manage to read. I know I spend too much time playing games, scrabble on my phone these day. I love the brief, concise reviews you write - so well done; thanks and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete