My Blog List

Friday, August 4, 2017

Forgotten by Nicole Trope



A mother's worse nightmare. You just leave your toddler for five minutes, turn around and he is gone.  Malia was a dutiful, good mother. She was also seriously sleep deprived, exhausted and at the end of her tether with a husband who was just that in name. Ian did not care for the "looking after" part of kids and with two toddlers and a baby of five months Malia found the whole business of the family on her shoulders.

The parallel story of Ali from the Police who is assigned to the case is also very much part of the story. Having lost a child to SID she is also a mother to a toddler of eighteen months and is paranoid about Charlie. She has never been able to give him to anyone else to look after and having returned to work, Charlie is in a day care with hourly messages to Mum to update her on his status. Unusual day care indeed!

The twists and turns in a case like this where someone who is mentally ill and already a felon, decides to pick up Zach from his car seat and take him home. Jackie believes that having a ready made baby will make her ex husband return to her obsessive arms.  Tracking baby Zach is a nightmare as CCTV cameras around the shop are broken, no leads come up despite cross questioning of a series of people and the Police know that the longer the case lingers, the more remote the chances of Zach turning up alive.

Turn on to a home which is run by Robbie for felons out of prison and on parole and we have Edna who is worried over the residents of the home. Worried for her personal safety as well. It is Edna the oldest person in the entire scenario who realizes that things are not quite right with the latest resident and it is with this that a happy result ensues.

I was holding my breadth till the end. This was a good thriller and I am just glad that I got it no sooner I requested for it. It was a recommendation from a fellow blogger.

Thanks to Netgalley who sent this on to me for an unbiased review, courtesy of 

3 comments:

  1. I can remember my son getting separated from me in a store for just a few minutes and the panic I felt then. This sounds tense, but in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this author before but I recently downloaded Blame and will be reading next. Glad to hear another is out and you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always find such great books. This sounds exciting.

    ReplyDelete